Thanks for your interest in working with PN magazine and PN Online (pvamag.com). The official publication of Paralyzed Veterans of America, PN is a national, monthly magazine that covers news, health, research, lifestyle and issues of interest and concern to veterans and others with spinal-cord injury and disease. Please follow our guidelines below when submitting editorial queries.
Anyone interested in contributing to PN (magazine or website) must first submit a formal pitch/query to Assistant Editor Andy Nemann at email@example.com.
- Pitches should include your story idea, whether it’s for the print edition or the Web, a simple outline of what you’d cover, sources you plan to include, why this idea is of interest to our readers and any additional information you think is important.
- Please keep timeliness in mind when pitching ideas for print. Like most magazines, PN plans its editorial calendar months in advance and goes into production of a particular issue two months before it’s actually published. Content for the Web is far more flexible.
- We don’t accept advertorial content of any kind.
- PN doesn’t review any products, books, videos or websites.
- PN only covers stories of interest or concern to veterans and others with spinal-cord injury or disease.
WHAT TO PITCH
Story ideas on, or of interest to, veterans with spinal-cord injury or disease (SCI/D) are always welcome, but pitches for things of concern to the entire SCI/D community are also important to include in the magazine and on the Web. The story idea must appeal to PN’s audience. Pitches on medical research, accessible technology, interesting or noteworthy people or groups and accessible activities are always popular. Story ideas should always be new or provide a unique angle. The scope of your query should be national. Any story must be properly researched, sources accredited and reported, so make sure to provide where you plan to get your data from and whom you’ll be interviewing.
Please contact our editorial staff with questions
Contact: Assistant Editor Andy Nemann (602) 224-0500 / (888) 888-2201.
2111 East Highland Ave., Suite 180
Phoenix, AZ 85016